- Meyer Burger receives contract from JA for production equipment for cells and wafers equal to 1.5 GW output
- The its MAiA 2.1 deposition systems systems will be used for producing PERC high-efficiency cells
- The DW288 diamond wire cutting systems will be used for slicing solar wafers
- The contract value is over 18 million CHF
- Delivery and commissioning of the systems is scheduled for the second half of 2016
Meyer Burger To Produce 400 MW Solar Cells At Former Sovello Site & 400 MW SmartWire Modules At Former Solarworld Fab In Germany
(10. July 2020)
The world’s biggest PV production equipment manufacturer Meyer Burger Technology Ltd on April 7 announced that it has received an order from JA Solar for its diamond wire based silicon wafer cutting tools and upgrade equipment for the production of high-efficiency PERC cells.
The contract includes delivery, installation and commissioning of Meyer Burger’s MAiA 2.1 system platform, a PECVD tool for rear passivation of PERC cells as well as its DW288 diamond wire cutting systems for production mono-crystalline silicon solar wafers.
JA Solar is one of the world’s largest vertically integrated module manufacturers. In 2015, it shipped 4 GW of modules; in 2016 it plans to ship modules in the range of 5.2 to 5.5 GW. JA Solar is currently increasing its manufacturing capacities – targeting 2.0 GW for wafers, 5.5 GW for cells, and 5.5 GW for modules by end of 2016.
Meyer Burger says that the total annual output of its newly installed equipment will be around 1.5 GW. Meyer Burger says that delivery and commissioning of the equipment is scheduled for the the second half of 2016.
New Report on PERC
A comprehensive report on PERC cells, the hottest cell technology these days that is used for most of the current cell expansion, was just published by TaiyangNews and can be downloaded free of charge here.