- Start-ups in the field of digital solar and storage can apply for a new award instituted by SolarPower Europe
- The award is worth €5,000 ($5,889.5)
- Interested VC backed startups, with less than 10 employees and at pre-profit stage, can submit a 3-page business idea, basis which they will be shortlisted
- The final 4 startups on the list will be invited to present their idea to the audience at the Digital Solar & Storage 2018 conference
- The conference audience will adjudge the final winner, who will be presented the award on December 4, 2018 at BMW World, Munich
First Recipient Of SolarPower Europe’s Inaugural Edition Of Digital Solar & Storage Start-Up Awards Is German Off-Grid Solar Company SolarWorX
(06. December 2018)
Startups that can dole out some bright ideas offering solutions for digital solar and storage industry will be happy to know that European PV lobby association, SolarPower Europe (SPE) is looking for such talent. The association has launched a new award – the Digital Solar & Storage 2018 Startup Awards comes with a prize money of €5,000 ($5,890).
The awards will be conducted under the aegis of SolarPower Europe’s conference of the same name, Digital Solar & Storage 2018, which will take place on December 4 and 5, 2018 at BMW World in Munich. The event, which takes place for the second time, will discuss challenges and opportunities impacting digitalization, solar and storage from policy, market and technological perspectives.
Open to early start-ups
The first Digital Solar & Storage 2018 Start-up Award will be open to early-start-ups active in the field of digitalization and solar storage. The start-ups should have less than 10 employees and should be venture capital backed or at a pre-profit stage, i.e. not yet making revenues from product sales. Applicants need to submit a 3-page presentation explaining their business idea.
The competition opened on September 18, 2018 and applications will be accepted till October 31, 2018. A list of 8 companies stand a chance to compete and get shortlisted for the top 4 bracket, and their names will be announced on November 15, 2018. While the 8 shortlisted companies will win a free entry ticket to the 2-day event, the shortlisted 4 companies will be invited to present their ideas during the conference. The final voting will take place by the audience at the conference on December 4, 2018, when the award will be presented.
More details about the awards are available on the website of Digital Solar & Storage.