A detailed request for selection (RFS) documents for all the solar and wind power tenders issued by SECI amounting to 3.6 GW capacity will be published by March 8, 2019. Another 1 GW solar power capacity has been issued for India's north eastern states, including Sikkim. (Photo Credit: SECI)
- SECI has issued three separate tenders amounting to a total of 3.6 GW renewable energy capacity
- These tenders include 1.2 GW of ISTS connected solar power capacity each under ISTS-IV and ISTS-V; storage capacity of 3,600 MWh is also part of ISTS-V
- Another 1.2 GW tender relates to ISTS-connected wind and solar hybrid power projects under Tranche-II
- It will release request for selection documents for up to 1 GW grid connected solar power capacity to be developed in north eastern states
- Proposed 14 MWh solar PV with 42 MWh battery storage capacity has been tendered for Leh and Kargil
- One more tender is for Owners Engineer to be hired on consultancy basis for 160 MW solar and storage project in Andhra Pradesh
SECI Tender Call For 200 MW ISTS-Connected Renewable Energy To Supply Round-The-Clock Power To NDMC & 200 MW To Dadra & Nagar Haveli On BOO Basis
(02. October 2019)
Renewable Energy Paired With Energy Storage Systems With 1.2 GW Capacity Under ISTS-VII Tendered By SECI; NTPC Launches 20 MW Floating Solar Tender
(08. August 2019)
SECI Launches Request For Selection Round For 1.5 GW Solar PV Tender Under CPSU Scheme Phase-II Comprising Mini & Micro Grid Projects With INR 3.50/kWh Ceiling Tariff
(04. August 2019)
The Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI), now designated as Renewable Energy Implementing Agency, has launched a number of new tenders offering renewable energy capacity to be developed across the country. Out of this more than 3 GW is for solar power capacity alone. These tenders are:
- 1.2 GW Interstate Transmission System (ISTS)-connected solar power projects to be developed under ISTS-IV
- 1.2 GW ISTS-connected solar power projects with 3,600 MWh storage capacity under ISTS-V
- 1.2 GW ISTS-connected wind and solar hybrid power projects under Tranche-II
Request for selection (RFS) documents for all of these will be available by March 8, 2019.
In the auction results out for 1.2 GW ISTS-connected solar power projects under ISTS-III, ReNew Power emerged as the lowest bidder with INR 2.55 ($0.0359) per kWh for 300 MW capacity (see INR 2.55/kWh Lowest Bid For SECI 1.2 GW Tender).
1 GW for north eastern states
SECI has also invited bids for up to 1 GW grid-connected solar power projects in north eastern states, including Sikkim, as part of the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM) Phase-II, Batch-IV. RFS documents for this one will be released by March 20, 2019. This follows the approval of the India’s President for this capacity to be developed in north eastern states as a subset of the current 5 GW viability gap funding (VGF) scheme (see India Approves VGF For 1 GW Solar In Northeast).
14 MW+42 MWh
In February 2019, a proposal for 14 MW solar with 42 MWh of energy storage capacity to be developed in Leh and Kargil districts was approved by the President of India (see India Approves 14 MW PV+42 MWh Storage Project). Following this, SECI has now invited bids to set up 14 MW/42 MWh divided into 7 MW/21MWh each at Leh and Kargil. Interested developers can access RFS documents by March 15, 2019.
All of these tenders come in addition to more than 1 GW capacity tendered by SECI in mid-February 2019 (see SECI Tenders For Over 1 GW Solar).
EOI for 160 MW solar+storage project
SECI has also issued expression of interest (EOI) to select Owners Engineer (OE) for design, engineering, supply, construction, erection, testing and commissioning of a 160 MW solar-wind hybrid power plant with battery energy storage system (BESS) at Ramagiri, Anantpur in Andhra Pradesh. Plant operation and maintenance will also part of the OE’s responsibility.
To remunerate for this consultancy service, SECI will use part of the proceeds from financing it has applied for from the World Bank towards the cost of the project ‘Innovations in Solar Power & Hybrid Technologies’. The EOI for this tender can be submitted by March 16, 2019.