CREDA has fixed ceiling tariffs for various categories for the 50 MW rooftop solar tender. The lowest ceiling tariffs, with subsidy and without subsidy, are much higher than the lowest rooftop solar PV tariff bid in India in July 2017 at 2.20 INR ($0.034) per kWh. (Source: CREDA)
- CREDA is looking for bidders interested in setting up 50 MW of grid connected rooftop solar power plant under RESCO model
- It will be spread across three regions, namely 25 MW in Raipur under Package 1, 15 MW in Bilaspur under Package 2 and 10 MW in Durg under Package 3
- Ceiling tariff has been fixed for the entire capacity divided into 10 kW to 1,000 kW category, with and without subsidy; bidders will have to offer discount on the ceiling tariff
- Rooftops for this project will have to be identified by successful bidders, who will have to get a quadruple agreement signed between itself, rooftop owner, CREDA and CSPDCL
- Last date to submit request for selection documents with CREDA is May 28, 2018
India’s Gujarat Signs Memorandum Of Understanding Worth Over INR 1,000 Billion In Renewable Energy Space Under Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019; Expected To Install 30 GW Capacity Over Next Decade
(22. January 2019)
SECI Invites Bids For Own Renewable Energy Projects With Battery Storage Capacity For Deployment In India’s Smallest Union Territory, Lakshadweep; Tender Documents To Be Published On January 31, 2019
(17. January 2019)
Chinese Provinces Allowed To Promote Subsidized Wind & Solar Power Projects, But National Government To Approve Only Unsubsidized Power Plants Till 2020: NEA
(10. January 2019)
The Chhattisgarh State Renewable Energy Development Agency (CREDA) in the state of Chhattisgarh in India has issued a tender for 50 MW grid connected rooftop solar power plant. The tender has been launched under the so-called renewable energy service companies (RESCO) model.
Interested bidders may submit their bids for design, supply, installation and commissioning of grid-connected rooftop PV projects. Successful companies will have to provide comprehensive onsite warrantee for sites spread across three regions for a period of 25 years.
They will develop the capacity on build-own-operate-transfer (BOOT) basis on identified geographical regions covering the state; 25 MW in Raipur under Package 1, 15 MW in Bilaspur under Package 2 and 10 MW in Durg under Package 3. The entire capacity has been divided into separate categories spanning 10 kW to 1,000 kW.
CREDA has fixed ceiling tariffs for different categories, both for without subsidy and with subsidy. Ceiling levelized tariff without subsidy for 10 kW to 1,000 kW project size is in the range of 5.42 INR to 3.88 INR ($0.0802 to $0.0574) per kWh, and with subsidy the range is 4.16 INR to 3.05 INR ($0.0616 to $0.0451) per kWh (see table).
The lowest rooftop solar PV tariff discovered in India was in July 2017 at 2.20 INR ($0.034) per kWh (see New Record Low Tariff Of 2.20 INR/kWh In India).
Interested bidders will have to identify rooftops, secure necessary approvals, submit a quadruple agreement signed between the bidder, rooftop owner, CREDA and Chhattisgarh State Power Distribution Company Limited (CSPDCL).
Last date to submit request for selection (RFS) documents is May 28, 2018. More details about the RFS is available on the website of CREDA.