Greece’s Depa Commercial said in line with its business plan, it wants to cooperate with renewable energy generators of solar PV and wind energy projects. Now, it has issued an expression of interest (EOI) to look for eligible partners. (Photo Credit: Depa Commercial SA)
- Depa Commercial wants to invest in renewables, namely solar PV and wind energy
- It has launched an EOI seeking interested economic entity in renewable energy domain to respond to the call
- The call specifies that Depa is seeking companies that have renewable energy generation projects or are in advanced development phase to cooperate with it
Greece Emerging As New Solar PV Hotspot In Europe: METKA EGN Reported Winner Of PPC Renewables’ 200 MW Tender; Producer Certificate Applications For 45.55 GW Comprises 36.3 GW Solar PV Capacity, Says RAE; Government Clears 2.8 GW RE Investment Projects
(05. January 2021)
Greek Energy Regulatory Authority Announces 3rd Joint Wind & Solar PV Auction Offering 350 MW Renewable Energy Capacity To Be Won
(04. January 2021)
PPC Renewables Gets Green Signal From Energy Regulatory Authority To Install Large Scale Solar Power Plants With 1.9 GW Combined Capacity In Lignite Mining Region Of Western Macedonia, Greece: Media
(16. December 2020)
Depa Commercial S.A., a public natural gas supplier in Greece, is interested in investing in renewables with a focus on solar PV and wind parks. It has issued an expression of interest (EOI) to look for eligible partners.
In a brief announcement on its website, Depa said in order to implement its current business program it is planning an investment in electricity production from renewable energy sources focusing on the 2 above mentioned technologies.
“For this purpose, it hereby invites companies in the sector, which have electricity generation projects from RES, or are in an advanced development phase of such projects, to express their interest in cooperating with DEPA,” the announcement reads. It will accept response from interested companies till November 30, 2020.
The EOI is addressed to any ‘interested economic entity’ operating in the production of electricity from renewables.
The Greek government wants to privatize Depa Commercial giving up 65% stake for interested investors and in June 2020 it shortlisted 7 interested companies to offer bids including Shell Gas. The remaining 35% is held by another state owned energy company, Hellenic Petroleum that’s already quite active in the renewables space (see Greek Energy Group Raises €98.3 Million For 204 MW PV).