- Zambia’s Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) has pre-qualified 12 bidders under the World Bankg Group’s Scaling Solar Round 2
- The bidders were selected from a list of 21 companies
- Big names like Neoen, Total, Enel, EDF, Tata Power are among the pre-qualified bidders
- Nine bidders who couldn’t qualify for the list can bid for Round 3, which is expected to be announced before the end of this year
GET FiT Zambia Launches Request For Proposal Round For 100 MW Solar Power Tender; 10 Shortlisted Candidates To Submit Bids By November 29, 2018
(04. September 2018)
Two Consortiums & 8 Individual Renewable Energy Companies Qualify For Request For Proposal Round In 100 MW GET FiT Zambia Tender
(26. June 2018)
Second Stage Of Zambian 100 MW PV Tender Launched With Request For Qualification Round
(12. April 2018)
The Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) of Zambia has pre-qualified 12 bidders for the second round of the Scaling Solar program. The bidders will now compete for the 300 MW utility scale solar power capacity up for auction.
The IDC had issued request for pre-qualification (RFQ) documents in April 2017 for the tender of the World Bank Group’s International Finance Corporation’s (IFC) Scaling Solar Program (see Zambia RFQ For Scaling Solar).
Both local and global names are part of this list, which includes 12 bidders from Asian countries India and Japan, as well as European countries France, Norway, Italy:
- Scatec Solar ASA
- Nareva Holding
- Acciona Energia S.A.-Swicorp Company-Enara Bahrain
- Access Eren JGC Zambia IPP Consortium
- Mitsui & Company Limited
- Engie Global Developments B.V.
- Globeleq-FRV Consortium
- Enel Green Power SPA
- Tata Power Company Limited
- Neoen & First Solar
- Total Mulilo Zambia Consortium
- EDF Energies Nouvelles
The companies/consortiums will now receive request for proposal (RFP) documents. Nine bidders who couldn’t qualify for round 2 have the opportunity to participate in round 3, which is planned to be launched before the end of 2017.