- JA Solar’s cumulative global shipments of its DeepBlue 3.0 products have exceeded 12 GW as of December 2021, covering 86 countries and regions
- Zhonghuan Semiconductor lowers the prices of monocrystalline silicon wafers
- DKEM purchases 100% of Jiangsu Soter Electronic Materials Co., Ltd. for RMB 1.24 billion
- Qingdao Gaoce Technology to sell wafer cutting equipment worth RMB 145.7 million to Gaojing Solar
JA Solar’s DeepBlue 3.0 shipments exceed 12 GW: Solar PV panel manufacturer JA Solar announced that as of the end of December 2021, the cumulative global shipments of its DeepBlue 3.0 products have exceeded 12 GW, covering 86 countries and regions. Since its launch, the DeepBlue 3.0 modules have been contributing towards reaching the global carbon neutral goal. In June 2021, JA Solar had brought out its new generation DeepBlue 3.0 pro modules with 182mm wafers sized cell (see DeepBlue 3.0 Pro New Module Launched By JA Solar).
Zhonghuan Semiconductor announces monocrystalline wafer prices: Chinese solar wafer manufacturer Zhonghuan Semiconductor recently announced the latest price of monocrystalline silicon wafers. Compared to its last quotation in December, the prices of silicon wafers have been lowered.
- G1 silicon wafers now cost RMB 5/piece ($0.78/piece), which is a decrease of RMB 0.05/piece ($0.0078/piece)
- M6 silicon wafers cost RMB 4.9/piece ($0.77/piece), which is a decrease of RMB 0.05/piece ($0.0078/piece)
- M10 silicon wafers cost (160μm) RMB 5.7/piece ($0.89/piece), which is a decrease of RMB 0.39/piece ($0.061/piece)
- G12 silicon wafers cost (160μm) RMB 7.7/piece ($1.21/piece), down RMB 0.65/piece ($0.10/piece)
- 218.2 mm silicon wafers cost (160μm) RMB 8.31/piece ($1.30/piece), down RMB 0.71/piece ($0.11/piece)
DKEM to acquire 100% equity in Jiangsu Soter for RMB 1.24 bn: Advanced technology firm DK Electronic Materials, Inc. (DKEM), in an announcement, stated that it has purchased 100% of Jiangsu Soter Electronic Materials Co., Ltd. by issuing shares. The transaction amounted to RMB 1.24 billion ($0.19 billion). After the completion of the transaction, the company will hold 100% of Jiangsu Soter’s equity. Through Jiangsu Soter, DKEM will also own former DuPont Group’s Solamet photovoltaic silver paste business, which has been involved in the electronic paste industry for more than 30 years. In the TaiyangNews Virtual Conference on High Efficiency Solar Technologies held last month, Kevin Nan, Vice President of Technology and Marketing DKEM had spoken on the topic: Recent Progress on Industry-Ready and Low Cost Metallization Solutions for HJT Solar Cells), while Solamet’s CTO Qijie Guo talked about Technical Solutions for Metallization of N-TOPCon Cells)
Qingdao Gaoce & Gaojing Solar sign RMB 145.7 mn PV equipment contract: Wire cutting machine producer Qingdao Gaoce Technology said it has signed an equipment purchase agreement with Gaojing Solar. The new wafer manufacturing company will buy photovoltaic cutting equipment worth RMB 145.7 million ($22.85 million) (tax included). Qingdao Gaoce will have to deliver the products to the designated location before March 2022.