- Oman's utility OPWP has shortlisted 12 companies for its 500 MW PV Tender
- Five consortiums and six individual companies have been selected for the pre-qualification list
- Some of the big names include Masdar, Total, EDF EN and KEPCO, Marubeni, ACWA, among others
- These pre-qualifiers will be invited to submit request for proposals (RfP) once OPWP finalizes the documents
The Oman Power and Water Procurement Company (OPWP) has released the list of pre-qualifying companies for the 500 MW PV tender it launched in late 2017. The list comprises five consortiums and six individual companies.
The shortlisted companies are:
- Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company PJSC (Masadar) and Total Solar
- BP Alternative Energy Investments Limited, Lightsource BP Renewable Energy Investments Limited and Chint New Energy Development (Zhejiang) Co.
- EDF Energies Nouvelles and Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO)
- International Company for Water and Power Projects (ACWA Power)
- International Power S.A. (IPSA)
- GCL New Energy International Limited and Alfanar Company
- Hanwha Energy Corporation and Hanwha Q CELLS Corporation
- Marubeni Corporation
- Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
- Sumitomo Corporation
- X-ELIO Energy, S.L.
- Zorlu Enerji Elektrik Uretim A.and Abengoa Energa, S.A.
OPWP is finalizing the request for proposals (RfP) which will be issued soon to the above pre-qualified applicants.
The proposed 500 MW PV project will be located in Ibri, near Muscat. The winner will need to operationalize the project by 2021. OPWP will be the offtaker for the solar power generated by the project.
Oman is one of the five countries in the Gulf region that GTM Research expects to cumulatively install more than 22.4 GW PV capacity by 2023 (see