Arctech Solar has been selected by Hevel Group to supply 150 MW two-in-portrait (2P) trackers to solar PV projects in Kazakhstan. This will be Arctech’s second cooperation with Hevel Group. (Photo Credit: Arctech Solar)
- Arctech Solar has been selected by Hevel Group to supply 150 MW two-in-portrait (2P) trackers to solar PV projects in Kazakhstan
- Trina Solar and Guodian (Beijing) International signed a strategic cooperation agreement that will see them exchange synergies
- Trina Solar is all set to expand its global brand influence on its tracking bracket business
Sumin PERC cell mass production efficiency exceeds 23.33%; CNNP acquires 100% equity of CNNC Rich Energy
(14. January 2021)
LONGi Launches Carbon Reduction Initiative; SPIC To Construct 1 GW PV Power Generation Base; Yonggao To Establish New Solar Production Base; Elion& CECEP Sign Strategic Agreement; Huaneng To Achieve 10 GW New Energy Installed Capacity
(13. January 2021)
Znshine Modules KS Certified; ReneSola Sells 12.3 MW Projects; IRICO Constructs 10 PV Glass Furnaces; Canadian Solar 10 GW Line Construction Begins; Construction initiated for JinkoSolar 20 GW Manufacturing Base
(12. January 2021)
Arctech Solar to supply 150 MW 2P trackers to Kazakhstan: Chinese tracker and mounting systems, Arctech Solar, in a recent announcement said that it has been selected by Russia’s Hevel Group to supply 150 MW two-in-portrait (2P) trackers to solar PV projects in Kazakhstan. This 150 MW solar PV project is Arctech Solar’s second cooperation with cell, module and systems company Hevel Group, which is also the owner and EPC of solar PV projects in Kazakhstan. So far, the Chinese company has shipped over 420 MW tracking systems and fixed structures to the country. Arctech’s intent is to deepen further the cooperation with Hevel and to establish a local presence. Meanwhile, few months back, Arctech Solar had launched its Smart Rooftop II BIPV solution, targeting commercial and industrial rooftop systems (see China PV News Snippets: Sungrow, Arctech Solar).
Trina and Guodian partner to exchange synergies: Recently, solar module manufacturer Trina Solar and Guodian (Beijing) International signed a strategic cooperation agreement to exchange ‘synergies.’ Both the Chinese companies intend to carry out project development, strategic investment, technological innovation and supply chain integration in Asia Pacific region and other key overseas markets. Trina Solar has about 1 GW reserve projects and other high-quality projects in pipeline that will promote the development of renewable energy in the Asia-Pacific region. This combined with Guodian’s expertise in overseas investment and operation is believed to enable both the companies to contribute to each other’s growth and to the progress of the regions they are in. While Trina is quickly expanding its cell and module capacities, targeting 50 GW by end of 2021, it is currently entering numerous material supply agreements (see 1.2 Billion Silicon Wafer Order Of Trina Solar)
Brand renewal time for Trina Solar’s tracking systems: Trina Solar is all set to expand its global brand on its tracking system business. In a press release, the Chinese solar module manufacturer said that the brand name of its tracking bracket business “Nclave” will be changed to “TrinaTracker”. Also the brand names of its SP160 and SP240 series products under the original Nclave business brand name will be changed to Vanguard. It was in May 2018, that Trina Solar acquired a 51% stake in Nclave, a well-known Spanish tracking maker. In July this year, it acquired the remaining 49%.
TaiyangNews Virtual Conference on High Efficiency Solar Technologies: The count down has begun for our TaiyangNews virtual conference on High Efficiency Solar Technologies. We have invited leaders from research, production equipment and materials supply as well as cell/module manufacturing to look at the topic from different angles. The conference will take place from December 1-4, 2020, each day from 14:00 – 17:00 CET, and will also see the launch of TaiyangNews Heterojunction Solar Technology 2020 Report (see Agenda & Free Registration)