- Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) of Zambia has issued a request for prequalification (RFQ) documents
- Tender capacity is divided into two projects spread out at three sites
- Project 1 will have 70 MW capacity, project 2 will have around 110 MW located across two separate sites
- Zambian national utility ZESCO will sign power purchase agreement with the winning developers
- A pre-bid meeting will be held on April 11, 2017 at 9am Zambian local time
- Last date for handing in filled out RFQ documents is May 5, 2017
GET FiT Zambia Launches Request For Proposal Round For 100 MW Solar Power Tender; 10 Shortlisted Candidates To Submit Bids By November 29, 2018
(04. September 2018)
Two Consortiums & 8 Individual Renewable Energy Companies Qualify For Request For Proposal Round In 100 MW GET FiT Zambia Tender
(26. June 2018)
Second Stage Of Zambian 100 MW PV Tender Launched With Request For Qualification Round
(12. April 2018)
Zambia’s Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) has issued a request for prequalification documents (RFQ) for the second round of tenders under the World Bank Group’s International Finance Corporation’s (IFC) Scaling Solar program. The IDC had launched the international tender in March 2017 (see Zambia Launches Second Scaling Solar Tender).
In the second round, IDC was supposed to be tendering 150 to 250 MW of PV capacity. The final tender capacity is divided into two parts located at three sites. Project 1 will have a capacity of approximately 70 MW located at a single site, project 2 will have approximately 110 MW located across two separate sites.
Through the tender proceedings, IDC will select two private sector developers or consortia to develop, finance, construct, own and operate the three solar PV IPP plants. Winning developers will be required to implement these projects through special purpose companies incorporated and established in Zambia, at locations identified by the IDC.
ZESCO, the national utility of Zambia, will sign power purchase agreement with the winning developers.
A pre-bid meeting will be held at the Taj Pamdozi Hotel on April 11, 2017 at 9 am Zambian local time. The last date for depositing RFQ documents is May 5, 2017. Details about Scaling Solar Zambia Project Round No. 2 are available on IDC website.
A capacity of 100 MW was awarded in Round 1 of the IFC Scaling Solar program in June 2016 to Enel from Italy and Neoen from France (See Zambia IFC Projects).