- China-based JA Solar’s Herman Zhao has resigned from the company to pursue other interests
- Zhao has been with JA Solar since December 2013 as its CFO
- This was Zhao’s second stint with JA Solar, after also serving as CFO between July 2006 and May 2008
- Management says there were no issues involving the company’s financial statements, internal controls or financial reporting procedures that led to his departure
- Zhao’s resignation is effective as of March 27
Chinese PV manufacturer JA Solar Holdings Co. Ltd. has announced the departure of its CFO, Herman Zhao. He resigned with immediate effect.
Zhao left JA Solar to pursue other interests, according to the management. A brief online statement read, “The company noted that there are no issues involving the company’s financial statements, internal controls or financial reporting procedures that led to Mr. Zhao’s departure.”
Zhao had served as JA Solar’s CFO since December 2013. He had also served as the company’s CFO between July 2006 and May 2008. Between these two appointments, Zhao served as CFO at Silicon Valley-based semiconductor company Legend Silicon Corp. and Chinese PV project developer Sky Solar Holdings Co. Ltd.