- RIL has announced restructuring of its group EPC business to create a new undertaking
- It will implement the company’s large projects across various verticals including for new energy
- The new undertaking will also promote the company’s global growth by aligning with its existing subsidiaries in the US and Dubai
- Plan is for the new undertaking to incorporate new subsidiaries in Singapore and UK
- The management expects significant demand for EPC to come from across the globe from oil & gas, chemicals, telecom and renewable energy sectors
India’s largest business houses Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is undertaking restructuring of its EPC business as it diversifies into renewable energy vertically. It is now bringing all of its EPC team under a focused undertaking to implement its large projects across verticals including new energy and facilitate internationalization.
Through the focused EPC undertaking, RIL will aggregate and synergize all of its engineering capabilities, and play a pivotal role in implementing its large projects across business segments. It will also facilitate the company’s global growth by aligning with the group’s existing subsidiaries in the US and Dubai, while incorporating new subsidiaries in Singapore and UK.
RIL’s management expects significant demand for EPC resources to come from increasing infrastructure spending across geographies in oil & gas, chemicals, telecom and renewable energy sectors.
“The realigned EPC resources will further strengthen RIL’s EPC delivery capabilities by tapping global resources and supply chains. It will also enhance productivity as working across time-zones will reduce costs and schedules while ensuring high quality output,” stated the company.
RIL’s new energy business will focus on clean, reliable and affordable energy solutions in hydrogen, wind, solar, fuel cells and batteries. It includes GW levels of solar PV manufacturing (see Reliance Announces Power Electronics Giga Fab).