- Oriental Yuhong and JA Solar to partner for PV roof integration and jointly promote BAPV and BIPV power generation projects in China
- Tongwei announces its cell prices
- Hengdian Group subsidiary to invest in 2.5 GW module project in Jiangsu
- Zhonghuan Semiconductor expects operating income of RMB 40-42 billion in 2021
Oriental Yuhong and JA Solar to partner for PV roof integration; Tongwei announces latest cell price update; Hengdian subsidiary to invest in 2.5 GW module project; and Zhonghuan Semiconductor expects operating income of RMB 40-42 billion in 2021.
Oriental Yuhong & JA Solar partner for PV roof projects: Water proofing solutions company Oriental Yuhong announced a strategic agreement with Chinese vertically integrated solar module manufacturer JA Solar. Both the companies intend to deepen cooperation in the areas of PV roof integration and jointly promote Building Applied PV (BAPV) and Building Integrated Photovoltaic (BIPV) power generation projects in China. In October 2021, JA Solar had already partnered with Oriental Yuhong for distributed photovoltaics (see China PV News Snippets)
Tongwei Solar announces new cell prices: Announcing its latest cell price quotation, integrated solar PV manufacturer from China, Tongwei Co., Ltd said that:
- the price of mono-Si PERC 166 mm cells is at RMB 1.09/W ($0.17/W)
- the price of mono-Si PERC 210 mm and mono-Si PERC 182 mm cells both are at RMB 1.12/W ($0.18/W)
- the cell prices of other specifications are yet to be updated
In October 2021, Tongwei had increased its solar cell prices (see China PV News Snippets)
Hengdian invests in 2.5 GW module project: Vertically integrated solar module manufacturer from China, Hengdian Group DMEGC Magnetics Co., Ltd, announced that its holding subsidiary, Jiangsu Hengdian, plans to invest in a new high-efficiency module facility in Jiangsu Province with an annual output of 2.5 GW. The estimated investment is RMB 339.13 million ($53.34 million), of which the investment in fixed assets is about RMB 165 million ($25.95 million), and the working capital is about RMB 174.13 million ($27.39 million). The project is scheduled for completion in about 7 months. In early 2021, Hengdian DMEGC also announced to increase its production capacity (see Hengdian Group To Build 4 GW Solar Cell Production Capacity).
TZS announces 2021 results forecast: Releasing its performance forecast for 2021, Chinese solar wafer manufacturer Tianjin Zhonghuan Semiconductor (TZS) said it expects to achieve an operating income of RMB 40 billion to RMB 42 billion in 2021 ($6.29 billion to $6.61 billion), a year-on-year increase of 109.90% to 120.39%. The reasons for this increase in performance, the company attributes to the following factors:
- First, the production capacity of the company’s solar 210 products has accelerated
- Second, the company’s semiconductor material business saw effective production capacity because of the commissioning of new production lines. The scale of production and sales also increased significantly year-on-year, and the product structure has been further improved
- Third, with the application of Industry 4.0 and flexible manufacturing smart factory production methods, factory operating costs have continued to decline