- UtmoLight releases overall solution for perovskite solar modules that can achieve large-area manufacturing, high efficiency and high stability
- LONGi announced the price increase of silicon wafers yet again
- Huaneng New Energy Company signs project cooperation development strategic agreement with Dalian Piyang Central Industrial Zone and Dalian Jiayun Electronic Technology Co., Ltd
UtmoLight announces solutions for perovskite solar modules: In a press conference, Jiangsu, China based solar technology company Wuxi Utmost Light Technology Co Ltd (UtmoLight) released an overall solution for perovskite solar modules that it claims can achieve large-area manufacturing, high efficiency and high stability. The solution includes three major technologies: methylamine-free perovskite material system; original position fixed film technology; and advanced nanocrystalline conductive ink. At the same time, the company signed strategic cooperation agreements with partners such as Weishi Energy. Recently, the company had announced what it touts as a ‘new world record’ of reaching 20.5% power conversion efficiency for a perovskite solar module (see 20.5% ‘Record’ Efficiency For Perovskite Module)
LONGi’s monocrystalline silicon wafer prices rise: In an announcement, Chinese vertically integrated solar PV company LONGi Group announced the price increase of silicon wafers yet again. Compared with the quotes released on April 23, the price of:
- G1 was at RMB 4.39 /piece ($0.68/piece), an increase of RMB 0.49/piece ($0.076/piece)
- M6 size silicon wafers was RMB 4.49/piece ($0.70/piece), an increase of RMB 0.49/piece($0.076/piece)
- M10 size silicon wafers was RMB 5.39/piece ($0.84/piece), an increase of RMB 0.53/piece ($0.082/piece)
Huaneng New Energy to build 5 GW renewables project base: Huaneng New Energy Company signed a project cooperation development strategic agreement with Dalian Piyang Central Industrial Zone and Dalian Jiayun Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. The three parties will now jointly build a 5 GW new energy comprehensive base of wind power and photovoltaic, energy storage, seawater hydrogen production, smart farming and clean energy port to provide high-quality energy services for the local area.
Day2 of TaiyangNews Conference on Very High-Power Solar Modules: On Day 2, May 18, we will learn at TaiyangNews ‘SNEC PREVIEW Very High-Power Solar Modules’ Event about product updates from the world’s premier PV panel manufacturers Trina Solar, Risen Energy, Jolywood about the latest trends that will be seen at SNEC, the world’s largest solar show in early June. We also have leading inverter manufacturers Ginlong Solis and Sineng to discuss how the solar sector’s entire value chain has been impacted by increasing wafer formats, larger and much more powerful PV panels.
The Conference, supported by SNEC, is being held from May 17 – 18, 2021, 13:00 -17:00 CEST. For more insights into Very High Power Solar Modules, do Join Us tomorrow at the Conference by clicking on this link