- Ecudaor has released the list of companies it has shortlisted for the 310 MW solar and wind power tender
- Out of total nine qualifiers, eight companies have been selected for solar and six companies are competing for both solar and wind power capacity
- Among the shortlisted ones for 200 MW solar project tendered, there are six individual companies and two consortiums competing for it
The Ecuadorian Ministry of Energy and Non-Renewable Natural Resources has shortlisted a total of nine companies for its 310 MW wind and solar power project tender. Of these nine, six companies have expressed interest in developing projects for both technologies.
Eight of these international companies are competing for the 200 MW El Aromo Solar Power Project which is proposed to be located in Manabi province. These companies are identified as:
- Cobra Zero-E Aromo Consortium
- China Harbor Engineering Ltd.
- Faisal Consortium-CRBC-GCL
- Total Eren
- China Huadian Hong Kong Company Limited;and
- EDP Renovaveis
These companies made the cut out of 19 offers received for the solar power project out of 22 companies that responded to the 310 MW tender (see 22 Companies Express Interest In Ecuador RE Auction). Once bids are submitted, the final list of winners will be announced on April 15, 2020.
Both the 200 MW El Aromo Solar PV project and Villonaco II and III wind power plants with 110 MW capacity are to be built with an expected investment of $400 million to be mobilized through the private sector.