- For the 40 MW solar PV tender launched by Eswatini government in June 2019, it received 26 applications
- Of these, 13 applicants made the cut including three consortiums of ib Vogt & Eswatini Sustainable Energy Ltd, Sola Group and Ubombo Sugar Consortium, and T Colle and Jabil
- Shortlisted companies now qualify for the RFP round and ESERA says it will issue a revised timetable for rest of the tender process
A total of 26 applications were received by Eswatini Energy Regulatory Authority (ESERA) for the 40 MW solar PV tender it launched in June 2019 with the support of the African Development Bank’s (AfDB) legal support facility (see 40 MW Solar PV Tender In Eswatini).
Of these 26 applicants, the authority has now selected 13 as pre-qualifiers to the next round under which they will be required to submit proposals. The list includes three consortiums.
Here is the list of shortlisted applicants:
- African Clean Energy Development
- EDF Renouvelables
- Eswatini Green Energy Consortium
- Globeleq Africa Holdings Limited
- Green Yellow Indian Ocean
- ib Vogt GmbH and Eswatini Sustainable Energy Ltd
- InnoVent SAS
- JCM Umber
- Mulilo Renewable Project Developments
- Sola Group-Ubombo Sugar Consortium
- Sturdee Energy Southern Africa
- T Colle/Jabil Consortium
ESERA did not specify when the results of the request for proposals (RFP) will be announced, but it stated that qualified applicants will be sent a revised timetable for the remainder of the procurement process including the launch date of the RFP process. As per the previous schedule, the final winners were to be announced on June 19, 2020.