- Côte d’Ivoire’s Ministry of Mines, Oil and Energy has selected 9 companies and consortia for the 60 MW Scaling Solar tender
- The list includes Voltalia, Green Yellow and consortium of EDF Renouvelables & Meridiam
- Elsewedy Electric from Egypt and Infinity Power Holding from the UAE, Nareva Holding from Morocco and Italy’s Enel Green Power are also on the list
- Globeleq Africa Holdings and Scatec have made the cut too, out of 20 applicants to the round
- Niger’s 50 MW Scaling Solar tender’s RFQ submission date has been extended to January 10, 2022, from November 22, 2021
A total of 9 companies and consortia have made it to the list of pre-qualified bidders for 60 MW solar energy tender launched by the Côte d’Ivoire’s Ministry of Mines, Oil and Energy and Côte d’Ivoire Energies (CI-Energies) under the aegis of the World Bank’s Scaling Solar program.
The pre-qualified bidders selected are France’s Voltalia, Egypt’s Elsewedy Electric, UK’s Globeleq Africa Holdings Limited, Morocco’s Nareva Holding, Norway’s Scatec (with a French address), Egypt’s Infinity Power Holding, Italy’s Enel Green Power, France’s Green Yellow, and the consortium of France’s EDF Renouvelables & Senegal’s Meridiam.
All these companies were selected out of 20 interested applicants to the tender. List of pre-qualifying companies is available on CI-Energies website.
Launched in June 2021 with the World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC) as the lead transaction advisor, the 60 MW tender sees the grid connected capacity to come online in in the form of 2 projects in Laboa and Touba cities of Bafing region (see 60 MW Scaling Solar Tender Launched In Côte d’Ivoire).
Selected winner will be required to design, finance, construct and operate the 2 facilities in the western region of the nation.
In a related announcement regarding the 50 MW AC solar project tender launched under Scaling Solar for Niger, the last date to submit request for qualification (RFQ) documents has been extended to January 10, 2022. Previously, the date was November 22, 2021 (see 50 MW AC Scaling Solar Tender For Niger).
The Niger tender RFQ documents are available on Scaling Solar’s website.