- Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority had announced 350 MW solar power project in Sweihan in December 2015
- ADEWA selected 34 pre-qualified bidders from 90 companies that expressed interest in the project
- The selected pre-qualified bidders include the leading global solar developers
- Last date to submit bids is set at September 19, 2016
The Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority (ADWEA) will take pre-qualified bidders of its 350 MW PV project for a site visit to Sweihan. On April 26, 2016, ADWEA had announced the list of pre-qualified bidders for the PV project.
Post the competitive selection process, the developers will own 40% of the project and the remaining 60% equity will be held by ADWEA, directly or indirectly. Out of the 90 companies that expressed interest in the project that was announced in December 2015, 34 were selected by ADWEA as pre-qualified parties. These companies will now submit request for proposals.
It will be interesting to see if Abu Dhabi will get close to the record-low bid of DEWA in neighboring Dubai, where Masdar from Abu Dhabi was the lowest bidder.
The 34 pre-qualified bidders, selected as independent entities or as consortiums, are as follows:
- Acciona/Swicorp (as consortium)
- ACWA Power
- Alfanar/Building Energy (as consortium)
- Canadian Solar
- China State Construction Engineering Corporation
- EDF Energies Nouvelles
- First Solar
- Fotowatio FRV
- Golden Concord Holdings/PAL Technology (as consortium)
- Hindustan Clean Energy
- Intecsa / Cobra (as consortium)
- Jinko Solar
- Kepco/GS Engineering & Construction/Hanwha Q Cells (as consortium)
- Phelan Energy Group
- ReNew Solar Power/Japan Renewable Energy (as consortium)
- RWE/Belectric (as consortium)
- Solar Reserve
- Spectrum/Maessa/Leighton Contracting (as consortium)
- Stumpf/MENA Infrastructure Fund (as consortium)
- Total/SunPower (as consortium)
The winning bidders will be required to develop, finance, construct, operate, maintain and own the 350 MW power generation capacity. The location exists close to an existing high voltage substation to which it will be connected.
According to ADWEA, the project will be structured as an independent power project. The last date of receiving the proposals for the project is September 19, 2016. The two-day visit will start on May 30, 2016.