- Brazil has come out with a list of dates when it plans to hold New Energy Auctions under A-4 and for existing operational power projects under A-6
- New Energy Auction dates for A-4 category are June 27, 2019, April 23, 2020 and April 29, 2021.
- For existing power plants, the country will hold auction on September 26, 2019, September24, 2020 and September 30, 2021 under A-6 category
The Brazilian Ministry of Mines and Energy (MME) has released plans to hold energy auctions for its A-4 and A-6 categories between 2019 to 2021. However, the ministry hasn’t specified which technologies will be eligible to participate in these auctions.
- The New Energy Auction A-4 will be held on June 27, 2019, April 23, 2020 and April 29, 2021.
- The New Energy Auction A-6 will take place on September 26, 2019, September24, 2020 and September 30, 2021.
While the A-4 auction is to ascertain new energy projects, the A-6 auction schedule is for power purchase from existing operational power plants. Dates for auction in this category are September 26, 2019, September 24, 2020, and September 30, 2021.
In the previous edition of these auctions, PV was accepted only for the A-4 category. Last time the A-4 auction was concluded in April 2018, PV was allocated the highest capacity of over 806 MW, increasing the amount from 574 MW won in December 2017 (see PV Scores Highest In A-4 Brazil Auction).