Taoistic Solar inks 5 GW TOPCon and 5 GW HJT cell project deal; LONGI releases latest wafer prices; Yabo to invest RMB 3.5 billion in module and battery storage production; SPIC and Xinjiang Artush partner for 400 MW PV project.
Taoistic Solar invests in 5 GW TOPCon and 5 GW HJT cell project: Technology company specializing in R&D, production, and sales of solar modules, Taoistic Solar, published on WeChat that it is investing RMB 5.5 billion ($0.82 billion) in a 5 GW TopCon and 5 GW HJT project. The project will be developed in 2 phases:
- In the first phase, a 5 GW TOPCon solar cell capacity will be constructed. This will last for a period of 2 years.
- In the second phase, a 5 GW high-efficiency HJT photovoltaic cell capacity will be built.
LONGi increases wafer prices: Chinese vertically integrated solar PV company LONGi announced the latest prices of its P-type monocrystalline silicon wafers. Here are the details:
- The price of 182mm silicon wafer has increased by RMB 0.24/piece ($0.036/piece), up 3.3%. The current price stands at RMB 7.54/piece ($1.12/piece)
- The price of 166mm silicon wafer has increased by RMB 0.25/piece ($0.037/piece), up 4.1%. The current price is at RMB 6.33/piece ($0.94/piece)
- The price of 158.75mm silicon wafer has increased by RMB 0.25/piece ($0.037/piece), up 4.3%. The current price is at RMB 6.13/piece ($0.91/piece)
Yabo invests in 5 GW PV module production and 3 GWh energy storage: Yabo Technology, which is active in green energy development and EPC, announced that it has partnered with the Bayannaoer Municipal People’s Government and the Bayannaoer Economic and Technological Development Zone for photovoltaic module manufacturing and series product development, and PV green building materials product R&D. Yabo will invest about RMB 3.5 billion ($0.52 billion) in Bayannaoer, which includes capacities of 5 GW HJT modules and 3 GWh of energy storage. In May, Yabo Technology had talked about setting up a JV with Conch New Energy to build a BIPV photovoltaic building material production line project in the Xuancheng Economic and Technological Development Zone (see China PV News Snippets).
SPIC and Xinjiang Artush partner for 400 MW PV project: Local media reports said that the Hubei Branch of State Power Investment Corporation (SPIC) and Xinjiang Artush City have come together for the development of clean energy and industrial transformation of Artush City. SPIC Hubei’s 400 MW PV project, with an investment of RMB 2.3 billion ($0.34 billion), is expected to begin construction by the end of July. Both parties said they are strongly committed to promoting rural revitalization and green development.