LONGi gets approval for its GDR issuance; TCL Zhonghuan announces new silicon wafer prices; JA Solar to expand production capacity of auxiliary materials; MINGR to build 16 GW TOPCon and 4 GW HJT facilities.
Approval for LONGi’s GDR issuance and listing on Swiss Exchange: Chinese vertically integrated solar PV company LONGi said that the company has got conditional approval from the Swiss Exchange Supervisory Authority for its Global Depositary Receipts issuance and to list on the Swiss Stock Exchange. Once customary conditions are met, the SIX Swiss Exchange Supervisory Authority allows the GDRs issued by the company to be listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange. It was in November last year that LONGi decided to issue GDR on the Swiss Stock Exchange (see China PV News Snippets)
TCL Zhonghuan releases latest silicon wafer prices: Leading wafer maker TCL Zhonghuan announced the latest price of its silicon wafers. Here are the details:
For 150μm p-type wafers
- 2 silicon wafer is now at RMB 8.85/pc ($1.163/piece), a rise of $0.97/ piece from the last release
- 210 silicon wafer is now at RMB 8.20/pc ($1.077/ piece), a rise of $0.89/ piece from the last release
- 182 silicon wafer is now at RMB 6.22/pc ($0.817/ piece), a rise of $0.68/ piece from the last release
For n-type silicon wafers
- The company cancelled the 150μm quotation and revised it to 140μm
For 140μm n-type wafers
- 210 silicon wafer is at RMB 8.52/piece ($1.119/ piece)
- 182 silicon wafer is at RMB 6.52/piece ($0.857/piece)
For 130μm n-type wafers
- 210 silicon wafer is now at RMB 8.35/piece ($1.096/piece), a rise of $0.89/piece since the last release
- 182 silicon wafer is now at RMB 6.39/piece ($0.839/piece), a rise of $0.70/piece since the last release
The last time TCL Zhonghuan had released a silicon wafer price list was in December 2022.
JA Solar to increase production capacity of auxiliary materials: Solar PV panel manufacturer announced that it is planning to construct a facility with an annual output of 500 single crystal furnaces and 100 tons of silver paste in Huishan. The planned investment in the single crystal furnace project is about RMB 231 million ($34.06 million), while the investment for production of silver paste is about RMB 126 million ($18.58 million), bringing the total investment to 356 million ($52.4 million). The construction period is scheduled for 1 year. Earlier this month, JA Solar has announced an agreement with Ordos government in Inner Mongolia for RMB 40 billion investment into silicon-to-cell manufacturing (see JA Solar Announces RMB 40 Billion Investment For New Fab).
MINGR to build 16 GW TOPCon and 4 GW HJT facilities: In an announcement, jewelry enterprise MINGR talked of its plans to invest in the construction of a photovoltaic cell facility in Keqiao Economic Development Zone. With RMB 10 billion ($1.47 billion) investment, the facility will be built in two phases. In the first phase, a 10 GW TOPCon solar cell will be built, while in the second phase, a 6 GW TOPCon cell facility and 4 GW HJT cell facility will be built. The company expects these facilities to add grow their profit further.