- Hunan Red Solar plans to purchase solar cells not less than 3 GW from Lingda subsidiary Geri Solar from 2022 to 2025
- China and the United States issues joint declaration at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Glasgow
- Tonghe New Energy rolls off the assembly line the first cell of its 15 GW high-efficiency cell project
- Zhuhai Port to participate in the issuance of A shares by its subsidiary Xiuqiang
Hunan Red to buy 3 GW solar cells from Lingda: Solar PV power generation firm Lingda Group announced the signing of a cooperation agreement between its subsidiary Geri Solar and Hunan Red Solar, a subsidiary of China Electronics Technology Group Co. In the wake of this agreement, Hunan Red Solar plans to purchase solar cells with a capacity not less than 3 GW from Geri Solar between 2022 and 2025. The annual purchase will be no less than 1 GW, and the transaction unit price will be reduced by RMB 0.01-0.02 /W with reference to the market price. Earlier this year, Lingda Group had gone in for what it called a major asset reorganization with the planned acquisition of a solar cell manufacturer (see China PV News Snippets: Risen, GCL, Lingda)
China and US issues Joint Declaration to tackle climate crisis: The Ministry of Ecology and Environment said that China and the United States have issued a joint declaration at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Glasgow to strengthen climate action in 2020s. Towards this, both countries plan to:
- support the effective integration of high-proportion, low-cost, intermittent renewable energy policies
- encourage a transmission policy that effectively balances power supply and demand across a wide area
- come up with power generation policies that encourage the integration of solar energy, energy storage and other clean energy solutions closer to the end of power use
- issue energy efficiency policies and standards to reduce power waste.
1st cell of Tonghe 15 GW project rolled off the assembly line: Tonghe New Energy, which is a subsidiary of integrated solar PV manufacturer Tongwei, rolled off the assembly line the first cell of its 15 GW high-efficiency cell project. This new energy cell manufacturing project will fully adopt the most advanced industrial 5G communication technology, and build an intelligent factory through core technologies such as Internet of Things and unmanned intelligent manufacturing in the workshop. Earlier this year, Tognhe had sealed a RMB 124 million ($19.44 million) sales contract for PV cutting machines with Qingdao Gaoce Technology (see China PV News Snippets: Talesun, Shangji Automation, Qingdao)
Zhuhai Port to increase BIPV & smart glass business: Zhuhai Port announced that it will participate in the issuance of A shares by its subsidiary Xiuqiang, which manufactures deep-processed glass in China. The total amount of funds to be raised will not exceed RMB 929 million ($145.6 million) and will be used to invest in the smart glass production line and BIPV module production line, thus increasing the company’s investment in this segment.