- Daheng Energy announced acquisition of 100% equity of Anhui Jingtian New Energy Technology
- LONGi adjusts quotation of monocrystalline silicon wafers on its official website, with prices for various sizes dropping by RMB 0.41/piece to RMB 0.67/piece
- The Xinjiang Kuche Green Hydrogen Demonstration Project under Sinopec officially begins construction
- JinkoSolar releases third quarter results for 2021
Daheng acquires 100% equity of Jingtian Energy: Smart photovoltaic systems equipment manufacturer Daheng Energy announced the acquisition of 100% equity of Anhui Jingtian New Energy Technology Co., Ltd, thus further expanding into the photovoltaic industry chain. Also on the same day, Jingtian New Energy successfully produced the first batch of 182 silicon wafers.
Drop in LONGi silicon wafer prices: Chinese vertically integrated solar PV company LONGi has adjusted the quotation of monocrystalline silicon wafers on its official website. The price of silicon wafers of various sizes dropped by RMB 0.41/piece ($0.064/piece) to RMB 0.67/piece ($0.11/piece), a decrease of 7.2% to 9.8%. It is worth noting that the thickness of the silicon wafer was also reduced from 170 μm to 165 μm this time. Now, LONGi’s latest price information stands like this:
- 158.75mm is adjusted from RMB 5.53/piece ($0.87/piece) to RMB 5.12/piece ($0.80/piece), down RMB 0.41/piece ($0.064/piece), a decrease of 7.4%;
- 166mm is adjusted from RMB 5.73/piece ($0.90/piece) to RMB 5.32/piece ($0.83/piece), down RMB 0.41/piece ($0.064/piece);
- 182mm is adjusted from RMB 6.87/piece ($1.08/piece) to RMB 6.2/piece ($0.97/piece), down RMB 0.67/piece ($0.11/piece), a decrease of 9.8%.
China’s first 10,000 ton PV hydrogen project starts construction: The Xinjiang Kuche Green Hydrogen Demonstration Project under Sinopec has officially started construction, as per Photovoltaic Network News. With this, the annual output of green hydrogen can reach 20,000 tons, after it is put into operation. This is China’s first 10,000 ton solar hydrogen production project, including photovoltaic power generation, power transmission and transformation, hydrogen production from water electrolysis, hydrogen storage, and hydrogen transmission, with an investment of nearly RMB 3 billion ($0.47 billion). The project will have a new installed capacity of 300 MW.
JinkoSolar 3rd quarter 2021 financial results out: Module supplier, JinkoSolar, announced its unaudited financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2021. The highlights of this Quarter are:
- JinkoSolar’s high-efficiency N-Type monocrystalline silicon solar cell sets new world record with highest conversion efficiency of 25.4%.
- Over 7 GW of new cell capacity put into production in the second quarter has reached full production in the third quarter, reducing cell production cost by more than 10%, compared to the second quarter.
- China has strong market demand, and JinkoSolar’s percentage of module shipments in the Chinese market in this quarter doubled, compared to the second quarter.
- JinkoSolar’s competitive large-size module products accounted for nearly 50% of module shipments in the third quarter, compared with less than 20% in the first half of 2021. For more details, check our feature story on JinkoSolar Q3 results.