- Chongqing City and Guangzhou Guan Sheng Group partner for a RMB 10 billion ($1.57 billion) photovoltaic glass production and deep processing base project
- NEA issues notice on Measures for the Administration of Photovoltaic Power Station Consumption Monitoring Statistics
- JA Solar completes transporting the DeepBlue 3.0 modules to CNPC for its 200 MW Photovoltaic Grid-connected Power Generation Demonstration Project in Yumen
- Zhongli Group and Anhui partner for 500 MW power plant projects
- Owing to weak transactions for two consecutive weeks, the silicon material prices in China decline further this week
Guan & Chongqing sign RMB 10 bn PV glass & module facility deal: The People’s Government of Chongqing City and Guangzhou Guan Sheng Group recently held a signing ceremony for a RMB 10 billion ($1.57 billion) photovoltaic glass production and deep processing base project. The project will build four 1200t/d photovoltaic glass and supporting deep processing and photovoltaic module production lines.
NEA tightens PV consumption monitoring process: The National Energy Administration (NEA) of China has issued a notice on “Measures for the Administration of Photovoltaic Power Station Consumption Monitoring Statistics.” For now, this approach is applicable to centralized PV power plants that are connected to the grid for operation and are dispatched by the grid. The data collection and reporting are based on a single photovoltaic power station as a unit. The PV power plants can now use the national new energy power consumption monitoring and early warning platform to report monthly consumption statistics of available power generation, actual power generation, and restricted power of each PV power station, in order to carry out consumption statistics verification.
JA Solar completes DeepBlue 3.0 modules supply to CNPC: Chinese vertically integrated solar module manufacturer JA Solar announced that it has completed shipments of its DeepBlue 3.0 modules to China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) for its 200 MW Photovoltaic Grid-connected Power Generation Demonstration Project in Yumen. This project is CNPC’s first PV project and holds great significance towards the clean energy transformation of Yumen Oilfield, it said. In June, JA Solar launched a new module in its DeepBlue 3.0 series calling it DeepBlue 3.0 Pro (see DeepBlue 3.0 Pro New Module Launched By JA Solar)
Zhongli & Anhui partner for 500 MW power plant projects: Solar module supplier Zhongli Group, in an announcement, said that it has signed a cooperation agreement with Anhui province. Both companies intend to cooperate in the fields of ground PV, wind power projects, distributed solar, and photovoltaic power plant operation and maintenance. They both will strive to complete the project mergers and acquisitions of about 500 MW PV power plant projects during the 14th Five-Year Plan period.
Silicon material destocking leads to prices decline: Owing to weak transactions for two consecutive weeks, silicon material prices in China declined further this week, according both China Silicon Industry Association. Now:
- the price range of solar silicon material is between RMB 233,000-243,000/ton ($36564.5 – 38133.80/ton); and the average transaction price fell to RMB 238,600 RMB/ton (37443.31/ton), a week-on-week drop of 4.94%
- the price range of silicon dense materials is between RMB 231,000-241,000/ton (36250.6 – 37819.9/ton); and the average transaction price fell to RMB 236,200/ton, a week-on-week decrease of 5.14%
From the perspective of silicon material market supply and demand in December, China’s silicon material production and imports are expected to be basically the same as the silicon material demand is corresponding to silicon wafer output. Therefore, it is expected that silicon material prices will continue to slow down in the short term.