- Clenergy wins bid for PowerChina’s 200 MW PV power station project in Duozhu
- Open-Pit Coal Industry proposes JV with Shanghai Jolywood Smart New Energy Co., Ltd to construct a 400 MW PV power generation project in Dongsheng
- Tongwei Solar raises its solar cell prices in August
- Zheneng Electric to invest RMB 300 million ($46.18 million) in Zhejiang Akcome Optoelectronics, making it a 20% shareholder of the company
- Ourhouse Group’s high-efficiency heterojunction (HJT) solar PV module production project launched
Clenergy wins 200 MW PowerChina bid: Power Construction Corporation of China (PowerChina) announced that Solar PV mounting and tracker system supplier Clenergy has won the bid for its 200 MW PV power station project in Duozhu. In May, Clenergy signed a 150 MW PV power generation project cooperation framework agreement with the Pingliang Municipal Government of Ningxia Province (see China PV News Snippets: Clenergy, DR Laser, SP Group, Jinko)
Open-Pit Coal Industry to build 400 MW PV project: Clean energy developer Open-Pit Coal Industry released a statement proposing a joint venture with Shanghai Jolywood Smart New Energy Co., Ltd to construct a 400 MW PV power generation project in Dongsheng. The new company – Ordos Dongsheng District Zhonglai New Energy Co., Ltd. – will have a registered capital of RMB 1 million ($0.15 million), out of which Shanghai Zhonglai will hold 51% and Open-Pit Coal will hold 49%.
Tongwei announces Aug solar cell prices: Core solar product manufacturer Tongwei Solar has put up its August solar cell prices on its official website. Compared to June 30 prices, the rates of monocrystalline cells have risen in August:
- Monocrystalline PERC 158.75 cells quoted at RMB 1.12/W ($0.17/W), an increase of RMB 0.04/W ($.0062/W), or 3.7%;
- Monocrystalline PERC166 cells quoted at RMB 1.03/W ($0.16/W), an increase of RMB 0.03 ($0.0046), or 3%
- 210 orders Crystal PERC cells quoted at RMB 1.02/W ($0.16/W), up by RMB 02 ($0.0031), or 2%
- Polycrystalline cells quoted at RMB 0.73/W ($0.11/W), with the price unchanged
Zheneng & Akcome sign investment agreement: Solar module manufacturer Akcome Technology announced that the company and thermal power generating company Zheneng Electric Power have entered into an investment agreement. As per the agreement, Zheneng Electric will invest RMB 300 million ($46.18 million) in Zhejiang Akcome Optoelectronics to become a 20% shareholder of the company. This investment will be used towards the development of Zhejiang Akcome Optoelectronics’ high-efficiency heterojunction solar cell and shingled module project in Huzhou.
Ourhouse HJT solar PV fab project begins: Ourhouse Group’s high-efficiency heterojunction (HJT) solar PV power generation project has officially started in Jiuquan. With an investment of RMB 5 billion ($0.77 billion) and land area of 800 mu, the production project will be constructed in two phases. Both the phases will see an investment of RMB 2.5 billion ($0.38 billion) and will concentrate on building high-efficiency heterojunction cells and modules with an annual output of 2.4GW.