- China Resources Power Holdings announces its improved financial results for H1/2021
- Hengxing Technology plans to more than double diamond wire manufacturing capacity
- Lingda Group to raise RMB 1.2 billion ($0.19 billion) through 79.6 million shares for cell production project
- JA Solar plans to raise RMB 5 billion for capacities of 20 GW monocrystalline silicon rods and 20 GW monocrystalline silicon wafer projects, and high-efficiency solar cell R&D pilot projects
- TaiyangNews Reliable PV Module Virtual Conference 2021 on Aug 31 discusses latest research, trends and product news for reliable operation of each solar system’s heart – the solar panel. For Free Registration and Agenda, please click here:
CR Power releases 2021 interim results: Wind and hydropower plant operator China Resources Power Holdings Company Limited (CR Power), which has also moved into solar, announced its group’s financial results for the six months ended 30 June 2021.
The results showed that for the first half of 2021, the Group has recorded:
- A net profit of HK$5,105 million ($655.35 million), representing an increase of HK$576 million ($73.94 million) or 12.7% from the net profit of HK$4,529 million ($581.4 million) for the first half of 2020
- The net profit (before non-cash exchange gains and losses) from its renewable energy business amounted to HK$4,465 million ($573.19 million). In the first half of 2020, the net profit contribution stood at HK$2,645 million ($339.55 million)
- The net profit (before non-cash exchange gains and losses) from its thermal power business went down to HK$797 million ($102.31 million). In the first half of 2020, the net profit contribution stood at HK$1,639 million ($210.40 million)
- The net profit share from its renewable energy business increased to approximately 84.9%. In the first half of 2020, the net profit contribution stood at about 61.7%
- An attributable capacity of 744 MW wind power projects that have commenced construction
- An attributable installed capacity of 3,457 MW of wind power and 241 MW of photovoltaic projects that commenced commercial operation
Hengxing to expand diamond wire production capacity: Galvanized steel wire producer Hengxing Technology expressed its intent to build on its existing 6 million km ultra-fine diamond wire project. Towards that, the company wants to purchase new equipment, bring in technical transformation, and upgrade the existing equipment to reach an annual capacity increase of 10 million km, the company stated in a release. Once the project, whose investment is about RMB 223 million ($34.39 million), is completed, Hengxing will have a cumulative annual production capacity of 16 million km diamond wire. The construction period of the project is about 12 months. In February 2021, Henan Hengxing Technology and Suzhou GCL Photovoltaic Technology Co., Ltd., had signed a long-term procurement framework agreement for electroplated diamond wire worth RMB 195 million ($30.25 million) (see China PV News Snippets: Henan, China Datang, LONGi, Shuifa)
Lingda to raise RMB 1.2 bn for 5 GW TOPCon manufacturing project: In an announcement, solar PV power generation firm Lingda Group said that the company intends to raise RMB 1.2 billion ($0.19 billion) through 79.6 million shares. The funds raised will be used for the second phase of Geri Solar ‘s 5 GW high-efficiency TOPCon cell production project and supplement working capital. Geri Solar is a subsidiary of Lingda Group. Last year, Lingda had acquired 70% equity of Geri Solar (see China PV News Snippets: Risen, GCL, Lingda)
JA Solar to raise RMB 5 bn for silicon crystallization/wafer & cell R&D projects: Integrated solar PV panel manufacturer JA Solar released its plans to raise RMB 5 billion ($0.77 billion) for capacity expansion projects – annual production of 20 GW monocrystalline silicon rods and 20 GW monocrystalline silicon wafer projects, and high-efficiency solar cell R&D pilot projects. At present, the conversion efficiency of its laboratory’s HJT cells has exceeded 26%, and the process steps are relatively simple. With this project, the company will now be exploring a new generation of high-efficiency solar cells. In May 2021, Daqo New Energy had got into an agreement to provide JA Solar with 78,200 MT of high-purity polysilicon between July 2021 and December 2025 (see JA Solar Secures 78,200 MT Polysilicon Supply From Daqo).
TaiyangNews Reliable PV Module Conference 2021: While China’s solar industry continues its expansion of the latest technologies, TaiyangNews will organize its Reliable PV Module Conference, bringing together key stakeholders from China active in the various parts of module manufacturing to discuss reliability of the solar module as the heart of a solar system. We have speakers and panelists from module makers Trina Solar, Chint/Astronergy, Risen Energy, encapsulation and backsheet makers Jolywood, Cybrid, and R&D, testing and quality control experts TÜV Rheinland, CEA, Polymer Competence Center Leoben.
TaiyangNews will also presenting an overview of our upcoming TaiyangNews Backsheet & Module Encapsulation Market Survey 2021 during the event.
For Free Registration and Agenda, please click here: