- Guangdong No.2 Hydropower Engineering intends to invest in the construction of 150 MW light storage integration project in Xinjiang Bachu
- GCL New Energy achieves a revenue of RMB 1.92 billion ($0.30 billion) and gross profit of RMB 1.22 billion ($0.19 billion)
- JSG signs automatic crystal growth furnace equipment procurement contract with Ningxia Zhonghuan Photovoltaic Materials for 6.08 billion (RMBn (tax included)
- Hunan Xiangtou Holding Group and Hongsibao District of Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region partner to construct 3 GW PV power generation project and supporting energy storage facilities
- The video recordings of all the speakers who took part in TaiyangNews Reliable PV Module Design 2021 Conference, held on 31 August, are now online
Guangdong to invest RMB 730 mn in PV storage project: Renewable energy engineering constructor Guangdong No.2 Hydropower Engineering Co released an announcement stating that it intends to invest in the construction of a 150 MW light storage integration project in Xinjiang Bachu, with a view to expand its clean energy power generation business. With a total investment of RMB 730 million ($113 million), the project’s installed capacity is 150M. It will use 358,176 monocrystalline silicon, 540 W bifacial half-cell modules, and 48 sets of 3125 kW inverter inverters
GCL New Energy achieves RMB 1.92 bn in H1/2021: Announcing its mid-2021 results, Chinese polysilicon and silicon wafer supplier GCL New Energy recorded H1 revenue of RMB 1.92 billion ($0.30 billion) and a gross profit of RMB 1.22 billion ($0.19 billion). Through ‘asset-light transformation’, the company continued to lower its debt and sustain a stable cash flow. In this regard, the company has disposed off approximately 2 GW of solar power plant assets for the year in advance. This move is expected to bring in RMB 4.9 billion ($0.76 billion), thus effectively reducing the company’s debt by over RMB 10.3 billion ($1.6 billion).
As of now:
- the total installed capacity of the Group’s subsidiary solar power plants is 3,041 MW
- the total attributable installed capacity of associate solar power plants is 517 MW
- the total installed capacity of the subsidiary solar power plants that have been contracted for disposal, and is yet to complete is 1,842 MW
- the total installed capacity of the Group’s subsidiary solar power plants upon completion of these asset disposal transactions will be approximately 1,199 MW.
JSG signs RMB 6.08 bn procurement contract: Semiconductor material equipment and LED substrate material manufacturer JSG has signed an automatic crystal growth furnace equipment procurement contract with Ningxia Zhonghuan Photovoltaic Materials for RMB 6.08 billion ($0.94 billion) (tax included), the company stated in a release. The equipment will be delivered in November 2021. Earlier in the year, JSG had signed a procurement contract for automatic crystal growth furnaces and monocrystalline silicon rods processing equipment with Inner Mongolia Zhonghuan GCL Photovoltaic Materials (see China PV News Snippets: Chint, JSG, LONGi, Hunan Red)
Hunan Xiangtou to invest in Ningxia: Investment company Hunan Xiangtou Holding Group and Hongsibao District of Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region have partnered to invest in the construction of a new energy equipment manufacturing industrial park in Hongsibao District and also a 3 GW PV power generation project and supporting energy storage facilities.
Video Recordings of Reliable PV Module Design 2021 Conference online: The video recordings of all speakers who took part in TaiyangNews Reliable PV Module Design 2021 Conference, held on 31 August, are now online for public viewing. This Conference saw key stakeholders active in the various parts of module manufacturing, like Trina Solar, Jolywood, Astronergy, Cybrid, talk about reliability of the heart of a solar system. Watch the videos as the speakers and the panellists discuss the latest PV module reliability insights.