- JA Solar’s 4 GW high-efficiency cell project in Ningjin, Hebei Province put into production
- Suqian City Government of Jiangsu Province signs new material science and technology industrial park project with aerospace company Triumph Group
- Chairman of Trina Solar says high power 600W+ PV industry to play a critical role in helping China achieve CO2 emissions peak by 2030
- China Resources Group signs contract with Hainan Provincial Government for solar projects
- Aiko plans to raise RMB 3.5 billion to invest in 8.5 GW solar cell projects
JA Solar’s 4 GW Ningjin manufacturing project put into production: Chinese vertically integrated solar module manufacturer JA Solar, in an announcement said, that its 4 GW high-efficiency cell project in Ningjin, Hebei Province has been put into production. With an investment of RMB 1.18 billion ($0.18 billion), the project construction had begun in January 2021. Announcing its annual report recently, JA Solar had said that by the end of 2021, the company expects to report cumulative module production capacity of over 40 GW (see JA To Up Module Capacity to 40 GW By Year End)
Triumph & Suqian sign RMB 11 bn PV glass project: Suqian City Government of Jiangsu Province reported on its website that it has signed a new material science and technology industrial park project with aerospace company Triumph Group. The total investment of the solar glass project is RMB 11 billion ($1.70 billion). Located in the Canal Suqian Port Industrial Park, this project is said to contribute to the city’s industrial chain and its photovoltaic industry.
Trina says 600W+ PV industry chain crucial to achieve carbon goals: Speaking at the SNEC Expo in Shanghai in early June, Chairman of Trina Solar and honorary president of the China Photovoltaic Industry Association Gao Jifan said that the high power 600W+ PV industry will play a critical role in helping China achieve its goals of CO2 emissions peak by 2030 and carbon neutrality by 2060. He also talked about the market trends, the latest technological achievements and the way to carbon neutrality. He also added that new-energy industries are now more important than ever before. In May, Yaodi Liu from Trina Solar had provided the latest updates on the company’s 600W+ ultra high power module technology at our TaiyangNews Very High Power Module Conference (see Yaodi Liu of TrinaSolar on 600W+Ultra High Power Module’s Core Value & Integration of PV Ind. Value Chain).
China Resources signs contract with Hainan: China Resources Group has signed a contract with the Hainan Provincial Government. CR Power, which is a subsidiary of China Resource Group, will actively invest in the construction of offshore wind power projects, to create integrated comprehensive energy service projects. At the same time, the company will also develop PV agriculture and PV fisheries projects.
Aiko to raise RMB 3.5 bn to invest in 8.5 GW solar cell projects: Chinese solar cell producer Aiko Solar announced that it intends to raise up to RMB 3.5 billion ($0.54 billion):
- for the first phase of Yiwu’s 10 GW high-efficiency solar cell, which amounts to 2 GW
- for Zhuhai’s 6.5 GW high-efficiency crystalline solar cell production projects
The 6.5 GW project in Zhuhai will cost RMB 5.4 billion ($0.83 billion), while investment for the 10 GW Yiwu is expected to be RMB 1.7 billion ($0.26 billion).