- JinkoSolar, LONGi, Risen Energy, Trina Solar, and Suntech ranked among the top 5 module shipments in India in 2020
- Qianyuan Power and the People’s Government of Shuicheng District sign agreement on investment and development of 200 MW Beipanjiang Hydro-Photovoltaic Complementary Agricultural Photovoltaic Power Plant
- Henan GCL New Energy and Suzhou GCL New Energy sell 321 MW power plant to Three Gorges Asset Management
- GoodWe launches 250 kW string inverter for utility projects
JinkoSolar ranks 1st in India’s PV module market ranking: Chinese companies JinkoSolar, LONGi, Risen Energy, Trina Solar, and Suntech ranked among the top 5 module shipments in India in 2020, according to a Polaris Solar article that quoted data from Chinese market research firm GESSEY Consulting. Rankes 6 to 10 were also held by Chinese companies – Jinergy, Canadian Solar, JA Solar, ZNshine Solar and CECEP respectively. The top 10 companies accounted for 87% of India’s total annual module imports. Meanwhile, the GESSEY data also showed that in 2020, India imported 5.7 GW of photovoltaic modules, with polycrystalline modules accounting for 53%, and 72-cell modules accounted for 97%. Polycrystalline large-size modules still occupy a large share in the Indian market.
Qianyuan to invest RMB 800 mn in 200 MW Hydro-PV power station: In an announcement, China Huadian Group controlled Qianyuan Power said that the company and the People’s Government of Shuicheng District, Liupanshui City, Guizhou Province have signed an agreement on the investment and development of the Beipanjiang Hydro-Photovoltaic Complementary Agricultural Photovoltaic Power Plant Project in Shuicheng District. The plant will have a capacity of 200 MW and cost about RMB 800 million (121.92 million).
GCL to sell 321 MW PV power plant to China Three Gorges: Henan GCL New Energy and Suzhou GCL New Energy (indirect subsidiaries of GCL-Poly and GCL New Energy), and Three Gorges Asset Management Co., Ltd have entered into the First Phase Share Purchase Agreements, as per a report by Photovoltaic Network News. Pursuant to the first phase share purchase agreements, GCL New Energy has agreed to, among other things, sell the entire equity interest in each of Kaifeng Huaxin, Sanmenxia GCL, Queshan Zhuiri and Shang Shui GCL and 50% equity interest in each of Nanzhao Xin Li and Taiqian GCL to Three Gorges,for a total amount of approximately RMB 365 million ($55.62 million). The total grid-connected capacity is approximately 321 MW. Last year, Three Gorges had entered the Spanish solar space with the acquisition of 500 MW capacity from X-Elio (see Three Gorges To Acquire 500 MW Solar From X-Elio)
GoodWe launches string inverter for utility projects – HT 250 KW 1500 V: Solar inverter manufacturer GoodWe recently launched its largest string inverter for Utility Projects, HT 250KW – 1500V at the 2nd Solar + Wind Congress in Vietnam. The features of the string inverters include:
- Compatibility with High power and Bifacial PV modules.
- Higher Yield with Smart tracking system, Multiple MPPT (12 MPPTs) and PID repair function.
- Lower investment costs and installation time with CU & AI AC cable, DC Y Brand connector, integrated SVG function & PLC 2.0 communication option
- Advanced Safety Functions with integrated AFCI 2.0, Internal temperature & humidity detection, IP66 & IP68 protection, SPD Type II & III & Remote Shutdown button (shutdown up to 40 inverters).
- Efficient and Smart O&M
- Easy setup via Bluetooth