- Shuangliang Eco-Energy to raise RMB 3.5 billion ($0.54 billion) for the construction of Phase 1 of the 40 GW monocrystalline silicon project of Shuangliang Silicon Materials (Baotou)
- A 40,000-tons electronic grade polysilicon project of Qinghai Asia Silicon Semiconductor will be built in Xining (National) Economic and Technological Development Zone
- Zhonghuan Semiconductor increases prices of monocrystalline silicon wafers in August 2021
- LONGi stated that it has supplied the Chamalire School in Malawi with 20 solar panels capable of reaching a peak power of 7,200 W
Shuangliang to raise RMB 3.5 bn to build 20 GW silicon project: Chinese Production Equipment Maker Shuangliang Eco-Energy announced that it intends to raise RMB 3.5 billion ($0.54 billion) for the construction of Phase 1 of the 40 GW monocrystalline silicon project of Shuangliang Silicon Materials (Baotou), amounting to 20 GW. In March 2021, it said to venture into solar wafer and ingot production through a new company called Shuangliang Silicon Materials (Baotou) Co., Ltd (see Shuangliang Eco-Energy: 40 GW Mono Wafer Capacity). Shuangliang Eco-Energy said that large size wafers can bring down the cost of the whole industry and effectively reduce the cost of electricity, and that large size wafers also represent the mainstream direction of PV’s future development.
Asia Silicon’s plans 40,000 tons electronic-grade polysilicon project: An electronic grade polysilicon project of Qinghai Asia Silicon Semiconductor will be built in Xining (National) Economic and Technological Development Zone. The polysilicon producer said that the project with a registered capital of RMB 750 million ($115.78 million) and an annual output capacity of 40,000 tons will be completed and put into production by June 2022, according to a Photovoltaic Network News report. Once the factory is online, it is estimated that the annual output value will be about RMB 4 billion ($0.62 billion) and will create about ,1000 new jobs.
Zhonghuan Semiconductor increased wafer prices in August: Chinese solar wafer manufacturer Tianjin Zhonghuan Semiconductor (TZS) released the prices of monocrystalline silicon wafers for August 2021. When comparing the prices between July 17 and July 29, it increased prices of silicon wafer products for all sizes.
- The price of G12 170μm monocrystalline silicon wafer is now at RMB 7.97/piece ($1.23/piece), which is an increase of RMB 0.44/piece ($0.068/piece) from the RMB 7.53/piece ($1.16/piece) published on June 29
- The price of G1 170μm monocrystalline silicon wafer is at RMB 4.88/piece ($0.75/piece), compared with the published price of RMB 4.62/piece ($0.71/piece) on June 29, an increase of RMB 0.26/piece ($0.040/piece)
- The price of M6 170μm monocrystalline silicon wafer is RMB 4.98/piece ($0.77/piece)
LONGi lights up school in Malawi: Chinese vertically integrated solar PV company LONGi stated that it has supplied the Chamalire School in Malawi with 20 solar panels capable of reaching a peak power of 7,200 W. The school, located in the village of Tanga in the Central region of Malawi, has had no electric power supply till now. This PV station will bring provide both students and teachers with more hours of light, also enabling the installation of computers in the school’s classrooms. Besides this, the village will now also be better placed to participate in national health campaigns and consulting activities. LONGi had partnered with Zikomo Africa, an NGO, to execute this project.