- State Grid Jilin Province Electric Power to establish a wholly-owned subsidiary – Wangqing Jidian Energy Co., Ltd. – to coordinate development of centralized and distributed PV in Wangqing County
- In the first half of 2021, Jinggong Technology achieves operating income of RMB 84.14 million ($12.99 million), an increase of 84.2% year-on-year
- Yunnan Germanium’s germanium wafers for solar cells project put into operation
- Trina Solar issues convertible bonds to raise up to RMB 5.25 billion ($0.81 billion) for its cell and module expansion
- Levima Advanced Material achieves operating revenue of RMB 3.8 billion ($0.59 billion) in the first half of 2021, which is a 46.6% rise year-on-year
State Grid Jilin to establish subsidiary: State Grid Jilin Province Electric Power said that it will be establishing a wholly-owned subsidiary – Wangqing Jidian Energy Co., Ltd. – to coordinate the development of centralized and distributed photovoltaics in Wangqing County. The registered capital of the subsidiary is pegged at RMB 50 million ($7.72 million). The focus of the new company would include solar and wind power development, power generation and power transmission. Recently, State Grid Jilin and LONGi had partnered for solar development and system integration (see China PV News Snippets: Guangdong, LONGi, Mingyang, Jilin).
Jinggong releases 2021 semi-annual report: Releasing its 2021 semi-annual report, solar photovoltaic special equipment producer Jinggong Technology said that in the first half of 2021, it has achieved an operating income of RMB 84.14 million ($12.99 million) (excluding tax), an increase of 84% year-on-year. Its net profit attributable to shareholders during this period stood at RMB 66.9 million ($10.33 million), an increase of 800% over the same period of last year. Jinggong Technology’s solar photovoltaic equipment manufacturing business include JJL Series Polysilicon Ingot Furnace, JXP Series Polysilicon Ingot Squarer, JXQ SERIES Diamond wire slicing machine, monocrystal furnaces. The products are mainly used in the manufacturing and processing fields of crystallization and wafering.
Yunnan germanium wafer project put into operation: China based germanium manufacturer Yunnan Germanium announced that its germanium wafers for solar cells project has been put into operation. The commissioning of the project has enriched the product specifications and models of its subsidiary Yunnan Zhongke Xinyuan Crystal Material, which specialises in the production of high-performance VGF germanium monocrystal substrates.
Trina to raise RMB 5.252 bn for cell and module production: Chinese solar cell and module manufacturer Trina Solar has issued convertible bonds to raise up to RMB 5.25 billion ($0.81 billion) to accelerate the production of high-efficiency cells and modules. The funds will be used for the annual production of:
- 16 GW solar cell project in Yancheng
- 10 GW solar cell project (5 GW in Suqian Phase II)
- 8 GW solar cell project in Suqian (Phase III)
- 10 GW PV module project in Yancheng Dafeng
Levima 2021 semi-annual report out: Supplier of high-end advanced material products and solutions Levima Advanced Material released its half-yearly report for 2021, where the company has achieved an operating revenue of RMB 3.8 billion ($0.59 billion) in the first half of the year, which is a 46.64% rise year-on-year. This increase, the company, attributes to the growth of the photovoltaic industry and cable demand. The net profit attributable to shareholders of listed companies stood at RMB 541 million ($83.5 million), a significant year-on-year increase of 135.82%.Levima produces different polymers, among others EVA. In March 2021, Levima had released its annual report for 2020 (see China PV News Snippets: Levima, Qingdao, Shanghai Moen)