India PV News Snippets

O2 Power Energizes Maiden Solar Plant In India & More From Jakson, Suzuki, MFL

India PV News Snippets

EQT and Temasek backed O2 Power has commissioned its 1st solar power plant in India with 250 MW capacity. (Photo Credit: O2 Power/Twitter)

Jakson Group has commissioned a 70 MW solar plant in Assam, while O2 Power has energized a 250 MW project in Rajasthan; SMG gets 17.6 MW hybrid wind and solar plant for captive consumption; MFL will invest in a hybrid wind and solar project with ReNew Green.

70 MW solar plant online in Assam: Jakson Group has announced commissioning a 70 MW solar power plant in Assam’s Amguri calling it the state’s ‘largest’ so far. Built for an investment worth INR 3 billion, the project is expected to generate close to 130 GWh of electricity annually which is to be supplied to local discom Assam Power Distribution Company Limited (APDCL) under a long-term power purchase agreement (PPA). Jakson developed the project and also provided EPC services. Recently, Azure Power energized a 90 MW solar power plant in the state that it commissioned in phases (see India PV News Snippets).

O2 switches on its 1st solar project in India: O2 Power has commissioned its 1st solar power plant in India with 250 MW capacity in the state of Rajasthan. The project in Jaisalmer will supply clean energy generated to the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI), the company announced on its social media. It counts Sweden’s EQT and Singapore’s Temasek as its investors.

Hybrid wind and solar power for Suzuki: Automobile company Suzuki’s Indian subsidiary Suzuki Motor Gujarat Private Limited (SMG) has become the 1st group company to procure renewable energy under an offsite corporate power purchase agreement (PPA). The 17.6 MW output comes from a hybrid wind and solar power plant that ReNew Power Private Limited installed for captive consumption of the company. SMG already has a 0.5 MW solar power generation facility on site that has been operational since 2018.

Chemicals firm to enter renewable energy: Meghmani Finechem Ltd (MFL) has entered into a collaboration with ReNew Green Energy Solutions to establish a wind-solar hybrid power plant. It will mark the chemicals maker’s foray into the renewable energy space. The project with 18.34 MW capacity will be executed through a special purpose vehicle (SPV) in Gujarat. ReNew Green will be its 74% stakeholder while MFL will hold remaining 26% share in the SPV. Power generated by the facility will be supplied exclusively to MFL under captive model for 25 years. According to a company statement referred by the local media, through the hybrid power plant MFL aims to meet its additional electricity demand, save costs and also produce green hydrogen.

About The Author

Anu Bhambhani

Anu Bhambhani is the Senior News Editor of TaiyangNews

Latest Videos

Loading...
Subscribe To Our Taiyang NewsLetter 
Enter your email to receive our daily solar sector updates.