Nothing grabs as much attention as the word “Power” in the realm of PV. In its quest to establish itself as the mainstream source of energy, the PV industry continues to innovate and develop new technologies, as well as optimize even tried and tested technologies. One such trend that has come to the fore over the past year is increasing module power by employing larger wafers. Our first TaiyangNews on 500W+ Solar Modules published in the summer of 2020, explained the basics and then status quo of these new high-power modules.
Fast forward to today, not only has that benchmark been breached by any leading module manufacturer, but many have also hit power ratings of 600 W+ for their utility-segment products.
So here we present TaiyangNews’ Report on Very High-Power Solar Modules 2021, which summarizes the most notable developments along the manufacturing and value chain of PV enabling this approach to become the very mainstream.
The report has the following structure:
- Chapter 1 gives a short introduction into why the solar industry has moved to very high-power solar modules
- Chapter 2 provides an overview on the evolution to very high-power modules and larger wafers
- Chapter 3 focuses on ingot & wafer developments
- Chapter 4 explains cell developments to enable very high-power modules
- Chapter 5 shines light on the module advancements to boost power
- Chapter 6 takes a look at what’s need on the system side to install very high-power modules
- Chapter 7 provided report conclusions
- Chapter 8 includes product descriptions by the majority of global Top 10 module manufacturers that participated in our TaiyangNews Very High-Power Solar Modules Conference in mid-May and brief previews on what they plan to present at SNEC 2021
Our TaiyangNews Very High-Power Solar Modules 2021 Report, which was launched on June 3, during SNEC 2021 in Shanghai, is for download free of charge here.