Chinese solar cell and module manufacturer Trina Solar has produced a list including several major PV inverter manufacturers who have announced launch of inverters compatible with the 210 ultra-high power modules, something which Trina Solar is heavily investing in (see Trina Solar To Raise Over RMB 5 Billion To Fund Expansion).
It says mass production of such inverters is due to begin in March 2021 and price is expected to remain at a level compatible with that of other inverters. “The new inverters advance the application of 210 ultra-high power module products on the system side,” said Trina Solar that has been pushing for standardizing 210mm as the standard size for silicon wafers and modules (see 8 Companies Push For Standardizing 210mm Wafer Size). Supply of key components is helping to streamline PV supply chain, according to the Chinese module producer.
“Centralized inverters and a string inverter have both passed market testing. The compatibility of the 210 inverters and modules could result in more value in the application process,” it explained further. “Specifically, low-voltage, high-current modules can realize a longer string, thereby reducing the number of strings and the cost of PV DC cables, lowering LCOE, highlighting the power generation gain and cost advantages of high-power modules.”
The PV makers and their announcements for 210mm compatible products that Trina Solar has compiled are as follows:
- Huawei Digital Technology (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. to mass produce SUN2000-196KTL-H3 for Chinese market at the end of March 2021 and SUN2000-215KTL-H3 for other global markets at the end of May 2021.
- Sineng Electric Co., Ltd. has launched a new string inverter as model SP-250K-H to be available from March 2021.
- Sungrow Power Supply has introduced to the market centralized inverters (model SG3125HV) and string inverters (domestic model SG225HX; international model SG250HX).
- SMA Solar’s compatible products—all central inverters and 2 types of string inverters SHP 150 & STP 110 now in supply.
- GoodWe, Ginlong, KStar are the other names that have announced the availability of inverters compatible with the 210 ultra-high power modules with plans to launch new high-current inverters.
In January 2021, Trina Solar released a tracker series catering to 210mm ultra-high power 600W+ and 550W+ modules calling these TrinaTracker Vanguard 600+ series in China.
Trina Solar along with Risen Energy and Canadian Solar was part of an executive panel discussing 210mm sized modules during Advanced Solar Module conference organized by TaiyangNews (see Day I: TaiyangNews Advanced Module Technologies Conference).
During the conference, TaiyangNews launched a new report called Advanced Module Technologies 2021 that looks at commercial advanced standard solar modules for all 3 main market segments – utility-scale, C&I and rooftops. It can be downloaded for free here.