Georgia Seeking Investor For 5 MW Solar Project

Georgian Energy Development Fund Soliciting Interest From Investors To Develop & Construct 5 MW Solar Project In Sagarejo Municipality

Georgia Seeking Investor For 5 MW Solar Project

  • Georgia’s GEDF has issued an EOI to seek investors for a 5 MW solar power plant
  • It needs to be developed in the village of Sagarejo in Sagarejo municipality
  • Selected investors will be required to develop and construct the $3.45 million project

The Georgian government’s Georgian Energy Development Fund (GEDF), set up to promote the Eastern European country’s energy potential through effective funding mechanisms, is looking for investors to develop a 5 MW solar power plant.

The selected applicant will be required to develop and construct the 5 MW Desert Solar Power Plant Project in the village of Sagarejo in Sagarejo municipality. On completion, the $3.45 million project is expected to generate 7.1 million kWh annually.

GEDF said the feasibility study for the facility is already complete and it already has a transmission network connection agreement with the Georgian State Electric System. Tender documents for the EPC contract are also ready. GEDF will pool in 10% of the project cost, while the remaining 90% needs to come from the selected investor.

Last date to submit expression of interest (EOI) is August 16, 2021 and by August 30, 2021 GEDF plans to declare the winner. By September 13, 2021, it aims to sign a partnership contract.

About The Author

Anu Bhambhani

Anu Bhambhani is the Senior News Editor of TaiyangNews

Recent Videos

Loading...
Subscribe To Our Taiyang NewsLetter 
Enter your email to receive our daily solar sector updates.