- Sungrow has created a record as its cumulative inverter shipment to India exceeds 10 GW
- A PV Infolink report said that the marker continues to be in a wait-and-see mode as high prices persist in the upstream
- Henan Ancai Hi-Tech’s revenue during the third quarter of 2021 is RMB 1.05 billion ($0.16 billion), an increase of 59.41% over the previous year
- Zhongli Group signs cooperation agreement with State Power Investment Corporation Xinjiang Energy Chemical to develop PV projects
Sungrow cumulative inverter shipments to India exceed 10 GW: Solar PV inverter supplier Sungrow has created a record as its cumulative inverter shipment to India exceeds 10 GW. In January the Chinese company announced touching 7 GW, and due to the boom in India’s solar market it was able to achieve this feat within a few months. Now, Sungrow owns 35% of the market share in India. Going ahead, the company looks forward to develop and promote sustainable development of India’s green and low-carbon energy, it said. In July, Sungrow had opened a 3 GW factory in India’s Bengaluru (see Sungrow Opens India Inverter Factory)
Solar market still in wait-and-see mode: A PV Infolink report said that the market continues to be in a wait-and-see mode as high prices persist in the upstream. Let’s take a brief look at the prices:
- Polysilicon: Polysilicon prices remained high last week, with mainstream average prices rising marginally to RMB 268/kg ($41.89/kg), closing in towards the high point at RMB 271/kg ($42.36/kg).
- Wafer: The prices for mono-Si wafers remained stable as the cell sector, pressured by low utilization rates and profitability, appeared increasingly reserved and showed greater anticipation for wafer price declines.
- Cell: Cell manufacturers delivered orders last week and the cell prices sustained at RMB 1.11-1.16/W ($0.17-$0.18/W).
- Module: Major module makers saw sustained prices and signed new orders for 166mm, 182mm, and 210mm glass-backsheet modules respectively at RMB 2.03-2.1/W ($0.32/W), RMB 2.05-2.13/W ($0.32-$0.33/W), and RMB 2.08-2.1/W ($0.33 – 0.33/W).
Recently, PV Infolink had reported that the supply chain prices had begun to stabilize as polysilicon prices approached their peak (see China PV News Snippets)
Henan Ancai Hi-Tech releases Q3/2021 report: Releasing its third quarter report for 2021, solar glass producer Henan Ancai Hi-Tech Co., Ltd. said that its revenue during this period was RMB 1.05 billion ($0.16 billion), an increase of 59.41% over the previous year. The operating cost was RMB 758 million ($118.9 million), a year-on-year growth of 51.53%, while the gross profit margin of 27.96% improved significantly over the 3.74% in the same period last year. The main reason that the operating was so much higher was due to the hike in the price and sales volume of photovoltaic glass products during the reporting period compared to Q3/2020as well as the much larger business scale.
Zhongli Group & State Power partner to develop PV projects: Solar module supplier Zhongli Group announced signing a cooperation agreement with State Power Investment Corporation Xinjiang Energy Chemical. Both parties will focus on the development, construction and operation of rooftop distributed and large-scale ground-mounted photovoltaic projects, evaluation projects, load and storage integration, and contract energy management in Xinjiang.