- JinkoSolar has launched a new Tiger module that comprises 9-busbar Mono PERC and Tiling Ribbon technology in Australia
- According to the company, this module has an efficiency level of 20.78% and can generate up to 460 W of power
- Use of TR technology helps eliminate inter-cell gap and increases efficiency while 9-busbar reduces the distance between main busbar and finger grid line
- These modules are good for both large-scale as well as rooftop solar installations
- A TaiyangNews webinar on Advanced Solar Module Technology will take place on Oct. 28 at 3pm CET, where TaiyangNews will present a summary of the report and JinkoSolar a first online presentation of its new tiling module product
JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. from China has launched its new high efficiency Tiger module using 9-busbar Mono PERC and Tiling Ribbon (TR) technology. This one, it says, holds an efficiency level of 20.78% and can generate up to 460 W of total output making itself a suitable contender for both utility scale as well as rooftop solar installations.
Talking about the Tiger modules, JinkoSolar CEO Kangping Chen said “Our new Tiger module delivers significantly higher power output and an easy performance boost that doesn’t require much extra effort for customers to install.”
The TR technology helps eliminate inter-cell gap and increase efficiency of its Tiger module, said JinkoSolar and adds that the module combines a half-cut cell design to reduce cell current mismatch and ribbon power losses. Use of 9-busbar technology shrinks the distance between main busbars and finger grid lines, thereby bringing down the resistance loss and increasing power output and efficiency.
JinkoSolar launched the new Tiger module at All-Energy Australia 2019 in Melbourne in October.
In our new TaiyangNews Advanced Solar Module Technology Report we are proving background also on tiling (also called paving) technology. A TaiyangNews webinar on Advanced Solar Module Technology will take place on Oct. 28 at 3pm CET, where TaiyangNews will present a summary of the report and JinkoSolar a first online presentation of its new tiling module product.
The world’s first solar module manufacturer to commit for a 100% renewable energy goal by 2025, JinkoSolar announced 24.38% power conversion efficiency record for its Cheetah cells and 24.58% for N-Type cells in June 2019 (see 24.38% Efficiency For JinkoSolar’s Cheetah Cells).