- Gaoce Technology plans to invest in 30 GW of silicon wafer slicing production equipment
- Gaoce will set up 20 GW large size wafer slicing capacity in Leshan, and 10 GW monocrystalline wafer slicing project in Jiangsu
- CECEP subsidiary will set up agrivoltaic projects in Fuquan city, investing a total amount of RMB 1.5 billion
- Hengyuan Enterprise raised RMB 440 million capital to build 550 MW fishery-PV complementary projects
- Shanghai Electric plans to purchase 301 MW solar PV capacity from Jiangsu GCL New Energy
- Talesun Solar has entered a cooperation agreement to explore rooftop PV market in Shandong
30 GW silicon wafer slicing capacity: Qingdao Gaoce Technology has announced plans to invest in the development of 30 GW of silicon wafer slicing capacity. In 2 separate announcements, the wire cutting equipment manufacturer said it will set up 20 GW large size wafer slicing capacity in Leshan city of Sichuan province for RMB 1.649 billion, and another 10 GW monocrystalline wafer slicing project in Jiangsu for RMB 545 million.
The 20 GW project is to be built in 2 phases with 6 GW annual capacity targeted under phase I, expected to come online in 9 months, and remaining 14 GW under phase II. The 10 GW project too will be built in 2 phases of 5 GW each.
Agrivoltaic projects worth RMB 1.5 billion: CECEP Solar Energy Technology has started construction on agrivoltaic projects in Fuquan, Guizhou province, planning to invest a total of RMB 1.5 billion on developing such projects in the region. Solar PV projects under the arrangement with Fuquan city will enable growing of herbs or crops on site, depending on the topography and terrain. These projects will be set up by the company’s subsidiary CECEP Fuquan Solar Energy Technology whose registration was completed recently.
Hengyuan to build fishery and PV complementary projects: Guangzhou Hengyuan Enterprise Group has raised its capital by RMB 440 million to build 150 MW Chaoyang and 400 MW Chaonan Longtian fishery-PV complementary projects. According to a feasibility study report conducted by the company, the 150 MW project can fetch an electricity price of RMB 0.4520 per kWh, while the 400 MW facility can have an electricity price of RMB 0.4529 per kWh.
Shanghai Electric to purchase 16 project companies of GCL: State Power Investment Corporation (SPIC) subsidiary Shanghai Electric Power plans to completely acquire 16 PV project companies of Jiangsu GCL New Energy Co., Ltd. These projects represent a total of 301 MW installed capacity.
Talesun agreement with focus on rooftop PV: Zhongli Group subsidiary Talesun Solar has signed a cooperation agreement with Shandong Guoxin New Generation Information Technology Industry Investment and Operation to focus on rooftop solar PV market segment, especially in the rooftop PV market of Shandong region.